[thelist] blockquote validation question

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Thu Oct 24 17:00:01 CDT 2002

Greetings gang,

Small question about BLOCKQUOTE in XHTML Strict.

I've got a question for the semanticists here. (Is that a word? Yes it is!)

The error the validator returns is: text is not allowed here; try wrapping
the text in a more descriptive container.

Why do we need a <p> tag within the <blockquote>?

Thanks.
-marc