[thelist] RSS Newbie

shawn allen shawn at alterior.net
Fri Oct 25 14:48:00 CDT 2002

quoth Aaron Cole:
> How do I display an RSS feed on my website.  It could a feed I created
> or someone else created.  This is the last piece in the puzzle that I
> can't seem to figure out.

You'll need an XML parser, or some implementation of XSLT to turn RSS
XML into (X)HTML. These vary with platform, language preference, and the
time of day, but chances are your host has either perl of PHP. I've
heard good things about the MagpieRSS PHP parser:

<http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/>

And if you're into perl, the XML::RSS module should suite your needs for
both reading and writing RSS documents:

<http://search.cpan.org/author/EISEN/XML-RSS-0.96/RSS.pm>

--
shawn allen