[thelist] page break in XHTML

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Sun Oct 27 12:32:00 CST 2002

Hi,

A software project I help out with has decided to not use DocBook for the
documentation and instead use a brief set of XHTML tags with some specific
CSS styles which we can then use for web, pdf or print material.  One of the
guys made a bunch of test cases and layouts and the only thing he was unable
to create was a page break.  This matters because when outputting to PDF it
is sometimes nice to end a section of documentation and start then next one
on the next page.  Additionally, it is nice for the HTML source too if we
want to create a "paginated" version of the documentation instead of one
long document.

Any ideas how to do page breaks in XHTML or if it is possible at all?

-davidu
--
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the
world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead