[thelist] Interesting SQL Mass update

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Oct 28 10:29:01 CST 2002

Hi Jay,

I asked for that. Perhaps I should refine my problem. The URL links are
different for most fields (*.dbo.ProductMedia). From the UPDATE query you
listed, wouldn't that update all to be 1. I just want to extract a part of
the string from inside different and not alike strings.

Rob

[snip]
I've got a small table, about 1000 rows or so, and some of the columns have
something like this in it:

I want to remove the 'target="_blank"' part of the string. Is there a way to
do this mass update in SQL? I could probably do in ASP, but don't want to
have to resort to that - time.
[/snip]

UPDATE tblFoo
SET URL = '<a href="../links/page1.html">'
WHERE URL LIKE '%target="_bl%'

HTH!

Jay