[thelist] Graph from MySQL Data

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Mon Oct 28 17:57:07 CST 2002

RonL.,

>>It may require a little more programming effort to get the results you want,

LOL, yeah, I'm starting to realize that! Bummer too, I wish i could wrap my
brain around programming languages, but I seem to be only graphically inclined.

>>but the GD library lets you create on-the-fly graphs from your database in
PHP.
>>There are lots of tutorials out there you can borrow code from.

I'll check it out, thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure I have GD enabled on
my server. I'll see if I can do a Google thing and try to find some example
code/tutorials.

>>Here's a simple bar chart I pull out of a mysql database:
>>http://members.evolt.org/ronl/RLPHP/BowlChart2002.html

Nice. Not a bad bowler are ya? My graph is purely personal as well. I am
charting the weight of my pet hedgehog. We geeks will always find something to
graph, LOL.

>>You're certainly welcome to the code if it would be of any help.]

I'd love to see your code! My graph will very closely resemble yours, as the
weight would only go from 290 to 370 or so in her lifetime, and that's the only
data I really have to graph. Dates would be okay but would clutter up the graph
to much I think.

Thanks, you can send that code offlist if you'd like to gina at sitediva.com. I'd
appreciate it, and thanks for your help.
Gina