[thelist] IIS5: subdomains, how to configure

Benjamin kalos at carolina.rr.com
Mon Oct 28 22:47:01 CST 2002

Just a quick question but since this is on a windows network isn't the
machine named?  For instance, my webserver at my last job was named
Whatmeworry.  When one of the other developers wanted to see anything I was
working on all they had to do was point to
http://whatmeworry/directory/page.extension and the page would load.  This
also kept everything in house with only our WINS server having to be
updated with my machine's name and IP address.  Otherwise just update every
workstation and server with your dev machine's name and IP address in their
HOSTS file and call it a day. =)

-benjamin