[thelist] free smtp server (not postcast)

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 06:58:01 CST 2002

> please explain what you mean by this 'why can't you create a
> message per
> address?' it doesn't make sense Tony
>
> Are you suggesting I just put everyone in the To: field,
> surely not?  Besides
> its a newsletter with around 400-500 'members' and I really
> do not want to faff
> around creating groups of 50 for the same group!
>
> Andrew

Imagine you have two items:

1 is a list of addresses the other the content of the email you want to
send.

The system you need will read the email address from one list create a
message using the content of the email and send it.

It reads the next address and creates a message for that

and so on.

there are a host of mass email software programs out there, all of which
work in that way.

You have a list of addresses, there is a template for the message (which
may include personalisation, if your list of addresses includes name and
personal details)

They then combine the two and generate messages, one per address.

try some of these:

<http://download.com.com/3120-2001-0-1-3.html?qt=newsletter&author=&titl
ename=&desc=&li=49&os=&swlink=>

or this one:

http://www.infacta.com/download.asp

Remember that most people who send bulk email are spammers, so software
designed for bulk email will often have restrictions.

HTH

Tony