[thelist] Cold Fusion: error message reported for a form's checkbox item - HTML4.01 Trans

Max Kanat-Alexander maxka at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Oct 29 07:42:01 CST 2002

At 05:15 AM 10/29/2002, you wrote:
>On Tuesday, October 29, 2002 4:31 AM, Maxwell mused:
>
>OK. Am using CF 5. So I tucked ParameterExists("NoWords") and
>ParameterExists("NoEngine") between the last <cfparam> tag and the opening
><cfmail to> tag. Hope this does it!!!! (<8

         Nah, it didn't do it. What you actually want to do is _replace_
every occurrence of #NoWords# with:

         <cfif IsDefined("NoWords")>#NoWords#</cfif>

         (I just checked, and in fact "IsDefined" _does_ exist in CF-5.)

         OR (I just realized this)

         You could probably add:

         <cfparam default="Not Checked" name="NoWords">
         <cfparam default="Not Checked" name="NoEngine">

         And I bet that'd fix it right up.

         -M