[thelist] Interesting topic... only hyperlinks allowed

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Tue Oct 29 09:05:01 CST 2002

When will companies realize that if it's on a publicly-availalbe server, consider it as being in the open?

(I ran into a similar issue on an intranet, where the company was announcing big news (layoffs) but didn't want the page to be printable in any way so the press wouldn't get the details.  We had to explain that there's nothing stopping an employee from calling a reporter and reading the announcement over the phone. We told them that even if it's on the intranet, assume it's publicly available.)

Scott