[thelist] Cold Fusion: error message reported for a form's checkbox item - HTML4.01 Trans

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Tue Oct 29 09:39:02 CST 2002

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002 7:08 AM, Scott wrote:

[snip]
I'd say use a cfparam (like you are for other variables):

> <cfparam name="FORM.NoWords" default="" type="string">
>
> Also, I didn't notice, but are you using method="post" or method="get" for your form?

    Am using method="post".

> If you're using method="get", then you're dealing with URL variables, so your cfparam should be:
>
> <cfparam name="URL.NoWords" default="" type="string">

    I see. Thanks.
    Is it necessary to include type="string"?

    Presently I have default="Not Checked".
    Is default="" the same?

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com