[thelist] Cold Fusion: error message reported for a form's checkbox item - HTML4.01 Trans

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Tue Oct 29 09:52:00 CST 2002

>> <cfparam name="URL.NoWords" default="" type="string">
>
>    I see. Thanks.
>    Is it necessary to include type="string"?

No, it's not required.  I always do, though. For strings, it's not a big deal, I don't think, because just about anything can go into a string value. (If you have it type="numeric" and the form value were to come in with letters, it'll throw an error.)

>    Presently I have default="Not Checked".
>    Is default="" the same?

No, it's not the same. I just put the default as an empty string because it looked like if they didn't check "NoWords" you would just leave that spot blank.  If you want it to say something there if they didn't check the box (like "Not Checked") then put that value in the cfparam.

Scott