[thelist] Embedded Object

djinn at darkdesigns.org djinn at darkdesigns.org
Tue Oct 29 13:42:10 CST 2002

 -------- Original Message --------
   From: MarsHall <evolt at marsorange.com>

   On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 01:03 PM, <djinn at darkdesigns.org>
   wrote:
  >> What is your opinion on the feasibility of using an embedded object
   >> to display a webpage as though it was in an Iframe?

   >You think iFrames have poor support in various old browsers? Embedded
   >Objects will be problematic too.

Darn! What's the problem with these browser manufacturers?!

   >The suggestion made to use three vertical frames within a single
   >scrolling frame sounded the most feasible to me (outside of the fact
   >that I normally eschew frames).

I thought that this would work also but for some reason it doesn't. Your
illustration below is exactly what I'm going for. I have worked successfully
with frames in the past and have tried coding it every way I can think of
but to no avail. If you could give me an example of the code you think
should be used, maybe I'll see something I missed. Otherwise I can reply
with all the variations I've tried.

 Thanks,
Jean Peterson

   |  Parent Frame (to scroll whole page)   |
   | |  Frame1   |   Frame2   |   Frame3  | |