[thelist] XSLT and comments/include files

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Wed Oct 30 10:02:02 CST 2002

Hi all

I'm having fun and games with XSLT at the moment.  I'm transforming XML into
HTML using an XSL stylesheet, and then writing the output to disc as *.html
files.  Now I have a few include files which contain various site elements
which are used throughout the site.  What I want to do is include those in
the XSL stylesheet so that I can save the output as *.shtml and have the
contents of the include file appear in the rendered output.   The problem
I'm having is that when I include the include command (ie <!-- #include
file="/includes/db_connections.asp" -->) in the XSL file it's not appearing
in the output as the XSLT thinks it's an XSL comment.  I've tried putting it
in a CDATA section but thats escaping the angled brackets.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

Norman