[thelist] string help

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 14:04:01 CST 2002

Ok, this is driving me nuts!

I have this:

cell.innerHTML = '<a href="javascript: deleteDoc()">blah</a>'

Forget about my poor link usage with JS and all that, I have no
choice. What I DO need to do is write this for the parameter of the
deleteDoc() function:

"cb_3"

now the number 3 is equal to a parameter in this function of ID.

The cb_ part is written before this, this is all working on a
checkbox. What I have in my doc is a checkbox like this:

<input type="checkbox" id="cb_3"> blah blah

I have to pass this name in my deleteDoc() function as a STRING. I
cannot seem to get it right. Part of it is this

"cb_" + ID but I can't seem to get the quotes around the string!

TIA

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();