[thelist] is there a client side php validator?

Tobyn Baugher toby at rsux.com
Fri Nov 1 13:08:01 CST 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 10:47:44AM -0800, Mike Migurski wrote:
> Are you getting no PHP output at all? Most PHP functions spit error
> messages to the browser before dying, so if you're seeing nothing at all,
> it sounds like it may be a configuration issue on the server.

This is actually the default in the recommended php.ini config in the
latest versions of PHP. I would argue this is good as it makes the
default configuration suitable for a production server (where you
definitely should not be throwing PHP errors at users).

You may wish to check your ErrorLog if your host gives you access to it.
All the error messages you are used to seeing should be logged there. If
you want them logged to the browser you should be able to set
display_errors = On via one of the various PHP methods for manipulating
settings (php.ini, httpd.conf, .htaccess, ini_set, etc.).

Hope that helps,

Toby

--
Tobyn Baugher <toby at rsux.com>