[thelist] Table background problem

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Mon Nov 4 10:28:01 CST 2002

I am having a little difficulty getting  a cell background to show on NS4.x.
I found a workaround for the top cell as the width will be static but
the height is not static as it depends on the content and therefore I
can't just insert the background image and set a height for it....
I tried setting the background image and inserting a transparent spacer
image and it didn't work, I tried creating a class in the css file with
the background and adding it just to the cells in question and it didn't
work, I am now at a loss and looking for help.
Can anybody tell me if there is a workaround for that cross-browser
compatibility problem?
The table works fine on all browsers but NS4.x ...
You can check the code out here:
http://members.rogers.com/fayec/tabletest.txt
You can check the page out here:
http://members.rogers.com/fayec/tabletest.html