[thelist] FW: Please don't vote.

Mon Nov 4 16:07:34 CST 2002

> I would like to suggest that Chris Brody be "grounded" from this
> list for a month, first for recognizing that post as spam but
> then posting it anyway, secondly for invoking some fictitious
> group of "Powers that be" to excuse the fact that he posted it,
> thirdly for using a professional, non-partisan/non-political
> message board to espouse political views, and finally, for not
> leaving a TIP for an off-topic post.

I will respect the wishes of this list and accept whatever punishment is
deemed appropriate, bar being subject to indefinite incarceration and
interrogation without access to legal representation, or having my nuts cut
off.

<tip type="email">When tempted to send off-topic emails to a mailing list
first make sure that you are prepared to take the flak</tip>

<tip type="project management">When trying to satisfy stakeholders with
varying expectations of a project outcome, make sure that all agreements are
documented in writing</tip>

<tip type="web design">Smaller font sizes are not necessarily better,
although this seems to be a current design trend. If you have something
important to say, why not say it LARGE?</tip>

<tip type="Fireworks">If you want to be able to manipulate the pasted
sections of an bitmapped image after adding other bitmaps to it, make sure
that you are NOT in bitmap mode when you paste the additional images.</tip>

Penance done?

--Chris.