[thelist] <input type="file" value attr?

Taranis taranis at spittingllamas.com
Tue Nov 5 09:00:02 CST 2002

Tarrant wrote:
>Hello, I have a file input type and I am looking for it to hold a value
of the location of the members current photo, for instance something
>like this.

><input type="file" name="photopath" value="<? echo $photo; ?>">

>However this does not want to work, so I am guessing it's cause the
file input type doesn't have a value attribute, any ideas?

As already mentioned, it's not possible to do this.

The solution I have used is to put the current image on the page and
print the filename below it, so that the user might be reminded what
they uploaded.

-------
Alex Ezell
http://www.spittingllamas.com