[thelist] Multi-user Access db - not web front end

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Tue Nov 5 09:25:00 CST 2002

Drew wrote:

>At 17:18 05/11/2002 +0300, listman wrote:
>> >It'd be nice to have all this running with a Web front end,
>>i remember access2k came with something called data-access-pages to
convert
>>forms to web forms - dont know how well it works though....

>   If it's the stuff I'm thinking of - it's been about five years since I
>touched it - it's unsafe to go anywhere near it without a very strong
>knowledge of Visual Basic.

It does, and I think you're right, Drew. It looks like it would be fine for
a simple db with one or two tables and not much automation of forms, but
this is a reasonably well-defined, complex db which works beautifully
through the native Access front end. It's not something I want to screw
with.
Oh, I've also discovered (day 2 on the project) that all staff are able to
access the network here via VPN, so effectively work as if they're all
physically connected and part of the Workgroup. Which is nice.

Cheers
Martin