[thelist] [Music clips] Continuous music clip playing across site

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Tue Nov 5 10:15:24 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 05:44:50PM +0200, James Odell wrote:
> I would like a music clip to start on load and continue throughout a site.
>
> This should have an option to switch off on any page. Is this possible?

You could resort to frames (yuck) or a popup window (less yuck) containing
the <object> used to play the music.

I'd suggest going with the popup window, aside from not having the nasty
implications regarding search engine positioning, bookmarking, link sharing,
etc my popup blocking software would stop it from appearing and launching
the "Please install a plugin" message.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
"You cannot rewrite history, not one line."