[thelist] How Do You Compile Code? (ASP.Net)

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Nov 5 17:04:00 CST 2002

that's funny, i thought you said you were familiar with batch files.
(maybe i'm the that's wrong but) a batch file is not an .exe file, it is
a .bat file. you cannot create a working .exe in notepad.

at least, when i tried a simple "echo hello" in test.bat it worked fine.
when i renamed it to test.exe and tried it i got an error message from
ms-dos.

someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

chris.