[thelist] IE/WinXP crashiness

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 19:43:00 CST 2002

Hey All,

I have winXP home edition, and it has worked fine for me since I got
it, but recently IE6 is showing some odd behavior.

It seems like sometimes when a window wants to pop open (Browser
window) or sometimes when I click a link, IE simply locks up. I
cannot alt F4 out of it or anything. I'll get kind of a blank page
with a chopped up menu up above - sometimes it will revert back to
the page but it is still locked. I have to use the task manager to
quit it - and sometimes it takes awhile.

This also happened once during Opera set up. ANyone have any ideas or
know how I can diagnose this?

Thanks

Tom

=====