[thelist] Site theft

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Nov 6 05:04:01 CST 2002

At 04:07 PM 06-11-02, s t e f wrote:
>It hasn't been said in this thread but whenever this topic pops out
>somebody advocates first diplomacy and then 'warfare' ;-)

Or both in the same email. ;)

>Yet I found this oh-so-nice copy of Madhu's email:
>http://lists.evolt.org/contentarchive/2002-June/000191.html

Why, thank you, Stef.

Yeah, when they want someone thumped hard but caught before he falls down,
they send me in. I have a Ph.D. in militant diplomacy. :p

FayeC, please feel free to modify our letter (after paying the $10
licensing fees to evolt.org) and send that to the offending company. You'll
notice that we used a combination of guilt, shame, and ego massage all in
the same letter.

Just try and find out if the site was designed by another agency. Look in
the source for any "copyright" or "author" meta tags/comments. That will
help you decide the tone for your letter. Reporting it anonymously to
pirated-sites.com and then pointing to that in your letter also helps
create some panic.

Regards,

Madhu
PS: The $10 fee was just a joke, but folks, if you want to make a
contribution to evolt.org, we'll love ya'. Details at:
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy