[thelist] JS array or something else?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 14:15:00 CST 2002

Hey all,

I need to add a new option to a select list each time a button is
pressed. This will add the next letter: i.e. a, b, c, d and so on. A
is already populated as the first item in the list.

The way I figured I should do this is possible build an array, but
what I really need is a key/value pair I think. I want to be able to
know that:

2 = b
3 = c and so on (0 = default selection, 1 = a)

Can anyone give me a jump on this? I'm not sure even how to do it
with an array. Here is my function without the part I need:

function addRequest()
{
   var form = document.forms['selectRequest'];
   var selectObj = form.elements['selectRequestDrop'];
   var len = selectObj.options.length;

   selectObj.options[len] = new Option(len);
}

This gives me a new option with 2, 3, 4 and so on - I just need to
match that to the letters.

TIA

Tom

=====