[thelist] "Top 10 reasons" for Java applets not working

Jason Handby jasonh at pavilion.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 05:00:01 CST 2002

Hi all,

A client of mine sells 360-degree virtual tours, and to publish these they
use a simple Java applet embedded in a web-page. (See
http://www.instanttours.co.uk/ for an example.)

They've just been visiting a potential client and discovered that their
tours are not viewable from the potential client's office (although
generally they work fine). I've suggested that this is because either these
people don't have the Java VM installed or that their browser security
settings prohibit the running of Java applets in the internet zone.

But for future reference my client wants to put together a "top 10 reasons"
list that they can refer people to if the tours don't work in their
browsers. Does anyone have any suggestions for what should go on the list?
or a URL they can refer me to?

Thanks

Jason