[thelist] The finer details of javascript

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Nov 8 09:35:01 CST 2002

Hi list,

Once again, I seek your expertise. Here's the story: I've got an .htm page
that has an external .js file "included." In that .js file, I'm trying to
include some .asp stuff. example:

foobar.js:
var foo
var bar
bar = foo;
function set_foobar()
{
   foo = bar;
}

<% @Language="VBScript" %>
<%
    ... do asp stuff ...
    ... use a backend database to dynamically pull in ...
    ... information to form concatenated javascript ...
    ... function calls to set_foobar() ...
    ... close backend database connection ...
%>

function set_barfoo()
{
   bar = foo;
}

Is this possible for one? If so, then what are the rules that I need to
follow to make this work? If not, thanks anyhow.

Rob.Smith