[thelist] No access to a Mac . . . [Sophos_T]

Tom.Goodson at swfwmd.state.fl.us Tom.Goodson at swfwmd.state.fl.us
Fri Nov 8 10:11:20 CST 2002

Gregory Wostrel <gwostrel at mac.com>
Sent by: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
11/08/2002 10:28 AM
Please respond to thelist

        To:     thelist at lists.evolt.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [thelist] No access to a Mac . . .

Greg:

That first screenshot is really troubling.  I think I may have erred when
I postioned that DIV with a left margin.  As I understand it, positioning
FLOATS or DIVS with margins or padding is a no-no.  I took out the margin
for this DIV and simply moved the links over 5 px worth of padding.  I
hoped this worked.  At any rate, I appreciate the help.

Tom

Tom,
OK, here are some more.

First off, this is a screen shot from IE5/Win98 running on my Mac (got
some problems here)
http://www.gwcreative.com/example/test_win98.jpg

This is IE5.2/Mac OSX (remember that OSX antialiases text by default so
all the text looks really smooth)
http://www.gwcreative.com/example/test_mac.jpg

Never used a Mac!!? Let me knwo what you get and I can help you out.
Most older macs have a Power button in the upper right corner of the
keyboard, iMacs have a round button just above the function keys, the
newer styles (silver G4 towers) have a button on the front of the
tower, PC style, and a power button on the display itself - quite
convenient. I am using the newer stuff (take alook:
http://www.wostrel.com/ )

Greg