[thelist] SQL query help

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Nov 8 11:59:07 CST 2002

> It's a date column.

thanks

your original request was "pull out a row based on a column named hits,
where the row holding the most 'hits' for the current month is selected"

it occurred to me that you may need to do this in two queries, and i'll
explain once you get your setup running

>register and check out the page yourself >
>http://www.blogbox.co.uk/?s=members&p=blogcharts

the first thing i noticed was:  "ERROR. You are not authorized"

you might want to reword that   ;o)

while registering, i noticed you limit Age to 2 digits

they tell me i'm going to hit 106 and i plan to make it

for Sex you made two mistakes, giving only two choices and defaulting Male

i'm only half kidding, because some blogs don't want you to know, and may
abandon registration at this point

(aside to data modellers:  a good case for null?  how would you do it?)

>The error is as such:
>"Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
>/nfs1/tazonlin/webs/blogbox.co.uk/members/blogcharts.php on line 15"

okay, sounds like a php issue, and i'm sorry, i can't help you

p.s. after i registered, i noticed myself on the home page list of members
in first place (good job, order by date descending) but listed as R937

i would never use an initial capital on that name, i assure you

;o)

rudy