[thelist] who has Javascript turned off?

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Nov 8 12:25:01 CST 2002

i rarely if ever turn off javascript. i'd say, about 0.005% of the time
i surf the intarweb do i turn off javascript.

i think there is a high number of people who surf with it off on this
list because they are technically advanced compared to grandma, bobby
the (annoying) kid that lives next door, steve (your roommate), mom, mr.
bossman, and your client.

i would say that the general population do not have javascript turned
off.

this question is actually going to be turned into something different.
something more like, "you have to decide for your project when you want
to ignore non-javascript users over javascript users."

every project is different, and so by generalizing users at a whole you
do not get an accurate sample of your audience.

but to answer your question, in my opinion the evolt community
(especially here on thelist) does not represent the population as a
whole.

hope that helps,
chris.