[thelist] General Consensus about Input Text Boxes

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Nov 11 11:00:01 CST 2002

Greetings List,

I've recently discovered how neat the "flat" html input boxes look

(example:
<head>
<title>Flat Input Box</title>
.flat  {
	border: black 1px solid;
	margin:0;
	padding:2px;
	background-color: #CCCCCC;
	}

</head>
<input type="text" class="flat" value=" " size="10" maxlength="10" />
)
I know this is the more unconventional approach but I'm just looking at the
current trends of web design. Just recently, the double colon thing has
popped up
(ex :: HelloWorld!). Now flat text boxes. I guess it really depends on how
you think your site should be designed and what stylistic preferences you
perceive to be of good design.

What are your stylistic preferences?

Rob.Smith