[thelist] [CODE] bloated image src names

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Nov 12 17:00:01 CST 2002

you'll never convert me! (that is, not until i find your ways more
logical than mine.)

(i have lots of questions in this email because, frankly, i'm intrigued
by your idea, so hear me out.)

although i do see your point i have to ask this possibly tired question
of you, why have folders at all? why not just use a special naming
convention throughout the whole os and do away with folders all
together? surely your logic applies in any situation does it not? (in
windows case) instead of looking for websites within x:\inetpub\ the os
could just look for x:\inetpub_cbs_index.asp (as opposed to of course
x:\inetpub\cbs\index.asp).

and really, aren't folders files anyway? merely a logical representation
as opposed to a physical one? and besides a few characters, what's the
difference between src="images_home_rainbow.gif" and
src="images/home/rainbow.gif". are they really anything more than two
logical ways of representing the same thing?

chris.