[thelist] re: mySQL gui

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 17:21:01 CST 2002

> Regarding mySQL front ends..found this comment in a forum
>
> "I recommened MySQL-FRONT as well. If not try MYCC. PHPMYADMIN should
> be your very last choice for a local interface since it is HTML based
> and you have to access it in a web browser. This is very very slow
> and tedious even if on the local host."
>
> How accurate do you think that is? I kind of wanted to try MyCC but
> there are no screen shots that I can find or any real explanation. I
> kind of want something I can use as a long term solution, for when I
> have DBs on a server outside my localhost as well.
>
> It doesn't seem to me that sending SQL via phpmyadmin could be very
> slow if you have any kind of decent connection, but maybe I'm missing
> something.
>
> Tom

I've used both, I don't think speed is an issue, how fast can you
think? - PHPmyAdmin is easy to use and you'll find it on a lot of web
hosts, or you can install it yourself in your own hosted space (protect
the directory)

For local use it's excellent, particularly as you are running a decent
web server. ;o)

MySQL front development has stopped, but you can get the last download
here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H25512E62

I've never used or heard of MyCC

HTH