[thelist] CSS divs - how to make hyperlinks work?

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Wed Nov 13 08:33:01 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 06:53:10AM -0500, Le Sauvage wrote:
> .bgt0 {position:absolute; z-index:-3;top:0px; left:0px; width:300px;
> height:768px; padding:0px; background-color:#ff0000}

I haven't done extensive testing (a URL would have been helpful) but
I suspect it is because you have set the z-index to a negative number.

If the user tries to click on a link, the click event is captured by the
within the <body> as far as the browser is concerned as you have used
absolute positioning, which removed it from the document flow).

I suggest using only positive values for z-indexes.