XHTML CDATA and comment tags (was: Re: [thelist] different ways of importing css + tip)

Bill Mason evolt at accessibleinter.net
Wed Nov 13 19:12:03 CST 2002

At 03:35 PM 11/13/2002, Ben Dyer wrote:
>However, if you are trying to validate XHTML 1.0 Transitional and want to
>support older browsers, that is still the only "proper" way to do both.

If older browsers are such a concern that one can't make the JS external
instead of inline and needing a CDATA, I would say it's a waste of time to
be coding in XHTML.  It just introduces the need for workarounds, when
there's no specific need to be coding XHTML.  Code in HTML 4.  What benefit
are you getting from doing XHTML?

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
evolt at accessibleinter.net