[thelist] js and redirection

Le Sauvage sauvage at ureach.com
Wed Nov 13 20:56:01 CST 2002

michael mell wrote --
> what do you mean "doesn't work?"
> what part of the process is broken?
> Do you get any javascript errors? (turn on error reporting in IE, open
> the javascript window in Netscape by typing "javascript:" in the
> location bar)

[1] sorry :-( when i said the codes didn't work, what i meant was that the
window did not downsize and you did not get redirected. i tried both options
you kindly provided.
[2] to my uninformed mind, i don't suppose checking for js errors (with the OS)
would help because the window to be dealt with is open fullscreen (which i have
already stated). this means that to check, i have to press Ctrl-W or Ctrl-A, in
which case i will have done one-half of what the script is meant to do. in any
case, i did the pressing; and when the window was in normal mode, the only
report i got was "error on page". incidentally, i also did this test on an
almost-empty page -- meaning there were no other scripts used and stylesheet
specs removed, and the only text in the body were the links.
[3] it is possible that certain js codes such as yours are not executed when
you are in full-screen mode. if you have a link each for go.history -1/1, for
example, they do not work.
[4] i used a script-debugging script, and what i got was --

Err: Object expected on line: 1
being tested

[5] i am using MSIE 5.5; Windows 98 SP2)

thank you for the trouble you are taking and your understanding.

kris