[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #2748 - 40 msgs

Cayley Vos cvos at netpaths.net
Fri Nov 15 08:28:19 CST 2002

This is one of those cases where you're not sure if the end user really is
doing what they say they are. I tried to debug this for 1 hour with them,
and they said it wasn¹t working, even though it was on my end.

On 11/13/02 3:35 PM, "thelist-request at lists.evolt.org"
<thelist-request at lists.evolt.org> wrote:

>> Is there a way that Internet explorer 6 processes form fields?  I have a
>> form that doesn1t return any data on IE 6 - but works for other browsers
>> [...]
>> http://evergreenedu.com/
>
>   I extracted the form from your page source (we're talking about the form
> for registering for free seminars, right?) and tested it on my local server.
> It worked fine in IE 6 (although I question whether you meant to use dates
> as the values of the name attributes of your checkbox inputs; wouldn't it be
> better to make these the values?).
>   Otherwise, the only possible problem that I can see is that perhaps the
> enctype value of the form is getting munged somewhere. Since
> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" is the default value, you might try
> eliminating this attribute altogether and see whether your problem ends.
>
> James Aylard

Cayley Vos, Principal
office: 310-372-3086
cell: 360-303-0150