[thelist] Generating static Pages

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 08:36:01 CST 2002

> I have a client who wants me to generate static pages from my
> asp pages!

It would be helpful to have an understanding of why...

I've used PHP to create a whole site's worth of static pages from data
input with a CMS, but that was so I had a static site that could be more
easily hosted/transported and indexed by search engines.

It's possible to make your dynamic site search engine friendly, but why
was it dynamic in the first place?  - making static pages takes that
away.

The "why" you want to do it would help with the "how"

Curious

Tony