[thelist] Generating static Pages

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Nov 15 08:58:01 CST 2002

At 05:01 AM 15-11-02, Mark wrote:
>http://www.ukdigitalcameras.co.uk/products.asp?camera=45 it could be
>http://www.ukdigitalcameras.co.uk/products.asp/camera/45.htm"
>
>Does anyone know of any component that can do this or any suggestions for
>coding this? I'm using Microsoft VBscript for my asp pages and they are
>hosted on win2k servers if that helps.

Do you have your own server?

If you do, you can install an ISAPI DLL like URL Replacer (free) or IIS
Rewrite (not free - $199) that will convert URLs for you.

URL Replacer: http://www.pstruh.cz/help/urlrepl/library.htm

IIS Rewrite: http://www.qwerksoft.com/products/iisrewrite/

If you don't have your own server, it *is* possible to do some fancy 404
handler page that will have more or less the same effect, but man, it's a
bit of work.

HTH.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy