[thelist] [ASP] newbie resources

Benjer futureweb at macmail.com
Fri Nov 15 09:44:01 CST 2002

Thanks, imageflip looks straightforward.

> ' When 'HideMe' is true we don't write anything out - that's as
> ' hidden as it gets!  If you want to interact with some JavaScript
> ' on your page and are just hiding some text initially then you'd
> ' Response.Write out the information with the appropriate "hidden"
> ' or z-index html syntax

I've laid my page out to show everything, based on a queryString var i'm
going to hide everything apart from chosen var, they are all inside
individual <div>'s, so maybe the z-index route would work, would i have to
use javascript as well - not a problem.

so, bear with me, written in english..

function showItems(chosen){
If (chosen = "food") Then
   food div=visible;
Else If (chosen = "menu") Then
   menu div=visible;
Etc..

End If

I've used CSS for my postioning of items, would this complicate matters...

I think our ASP guy (on holiday) uses" Flags", so if var==1 show flag1, hide
every other flag..

> If the question is "But how do I learn to see how to put this junk
> together like that?" then the answer might be more in a book _about_
> programming than a reference book on any specific language.

I'm sure i can get that much, from other languages and the wrox.

> Rudy, (as usual), has some nice links on his page here:
> http://r937.com/links.cfm?links=sql

great resource!