[thelist] What shall we do with the W3C DOM - part 2

carole guevin carole at pixeltable.com
Mon Nov 18 09:48:01 CST 2002

hi Kyle,

:....do people still use 800x600...and, if so, why?

yes... first it's a good usability issue to still fit corp sites on
800x600 - think Unix network using Novell who endorsed Netscape 3 + 4 eons
ago... these companies are NOT ready to upgrade.

also - depending on your audience stats. for ex. people who visit netdiver -
90% + use high screen res BUT they, like I do, surf with multiple windows
opened. Meaning - my browsers windows are roughly sized around 800x600 so I
can view many sites at the same time.

there are other considerations as well (Mac users for one).
hth.

.c

..communication design + webdev + http://pixeltable.com
...new media culture_magazine + design portal + http://netdiver.net