[thelist] What shall we do with the W3C DOM - part 2

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Nov 18 10:45:00 CST 2002

> Try setting your resolution above 800x600...

hey, i even know how (many people don't)

one conclusion, developed over many years of web surfin and searchin,
is that sites which require you to change a setting invariably disappoint

exceptions include the avant-garde, the experimental, and the wacky

dragging stuff between windows is experimental, right?  (yes, i looked --
ordinarily i would have bailed within two or three seconds of arrival)

still, they shoulda explained that, and above the 640 fold, so to speak

everyone loves the wacky, but if the changes offend (e.g. xupiter, gator),
one seldom goes back, and ends up avoiding the entire genre

that leaves the avant-garde

i realise wars have been fought over less, but i personally distinguish the
experimental from the avant-garde based on whether the boundaries being
tested are technological or artistic

yeah, yeah, i know it's not an either-or classification, so sue me

i have yet to see an avant-garde site that benefitted from changing a
setting

i love flash, by the way, despite that so many avant-garde sites use it

> do people still use 800x600...and, if so, why?

yes ...  because!

i also wear my hair short and have no body piercings

;o)