[thelist] ColdFusion MX, IIS 5 and Custom Errors

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Nov 18 10:51:01 CST 2002

I have a site that is running ColdFusion MX and IIS 5.  I want IIS to
handle the 404 errors for .cfm files, not CFMX.  Under CF5, this was easily
solved under IIS Manager by setting "Check that File Exists" to
true.  ColdFusion MX does not appear to honor this IIS setting, as CFMX
always processes errors for .cfm files regardless of that setting.

Is there any way to force IIS to check for the existence of files, not
CFMX?  I've Googled and trawled Macromedia's site and message boards and I
can't find anything.  Any ideas?

--Ben