[thelist] php design question

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 16:06:01 CST 2002

I'm building an application that is going to reuse a fair amount of
code. I'm wondering if a) its bad form to have an include within an
include, and b) if I should be using an include for the get item as I
am doing below - see code:
-------
$result = @mysql_query("SELECT * FROM menuitem WHERE menuitemID =
'$id'");
if(!$result)
{
  echo(include('includes/db_error.php'));
  exit();
}
 $row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
 $item =          $row['item'];
 $description =   $row['description'];
 $price =         $row['price'];
 $categoryID =    $row['categoryID'];
--------
I want to make this whole code block an include, because there will
be several pages where I pull the menu item. Does this make sense?,
and see the nested include...

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();