[thelist] Registering form changes without form submission

Michael Caplan michael at eggplant.ws
Mon Nov 18 22:01:01 CST 2002

Hi,

I am curious if any JavaScript hackers out there have any ideas on how I can
possibly go about solving this problem: I have a form that display's data
from a DB.  The form allows the user to toggle a field with a dropdown list
(they can chose between "Text" and "HTML").  As opposed to having the user
make changes with this dropdown list and then submitting the form herself, I
would like to automate dropdown changes without the need for form
submission.  So, when I change a dropdown field, some JavaScript
communicates with the web server notifying it of the change, while the
user's page stays the same.  Is this possible, and if so, what would the
JavaScript roughly look like?

Thanks,

Michael