[thelist] (no subject)

Jim Williamson lakeridge_jim at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 10:18:00 CST 2002

I've been trying to find a way in VB Script to do the following:

I have a file located in the following directory:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\dir1\subdir1\file.txt

my ASP page is in:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\dir1\subdir2\file1.asp

I want to open "file.txt" using OpenTextFile.  OpenTextFile requires an
absolute path to the file.  My "file1.asp" is a template so the exact path
will change depending on what directory the "file1.asp" template is saved
to.

Is there any way to determine what the abolute path of "file.txt" is from
where "file1.asp" resides?

TIA

Jim