[thelist] php design question

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 13:41:00 CST 2002

--- rudy <r937 at interlog.com> wrote:

> my menu items come out of the database, so i don't understand why
> i would then have to build them into objects
>
> rudy

You know this  might be the crux of the issue I was after in my
original post. It's relatively simple to pull data out of a DB and
pop it into a page, even on multiple pages. It has very little
overhead. Now, instead, I could take the extra time to write an
object for it. I understand what an object does and how it works, but
like some others I'm still not seeing a real added value.

I've done some work with JSPs before. Now when you are talking about
java and JSP and servlets - I understand the value. Because code is
compiled and then served much quicker (java beans and stuff) than
interpreted code.

I don't see that advantage here in PHP. Is this making sense?

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/