[thelist] php design question

MarsHall evolt at marsorange.com
Tue Nov 19 14:13:01 CST 2002

On Tuesday, Nov 19, 2002, at 13:40 US/Central, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> You know this  might be the crux of the issue I was after in my
> original post. It's relatively simple to pull data out of a DB and
> pop it into a page, even on multiple pages. It has very little
> overhead.

It has been said before, I believe, but just to re-iterate:

Web Pages are a VERY different sandbox than traditional application
programming (Pascal, C, Lisp...).

Includes can do amazing tricks for Web programmers, which would be
practically unthinkable in those more traditional applications. Hence
the reality of Server-Side Includes without any encapsulating
programming language!

The suggestion, in response to the original post, of moving to an
object-oriented methodology in the first place was perhaps *a bit*
off-topic!

Mars :)