[thelist] office xp and Javascript

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Wed Nov 20 06:33:01 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:31:26PM +0300, Stevenson Ngila wrote:
> I have a coldfusion page that  uses cfmail tag to sent mail. The mail is
> sent in HTML format and in the mail, i have attached an onload event which
> should fire when one reads a mail. The event fires when one is using office
> 2000 but doesn't fire with office xp.
>
> Could anyone have any idea why?

Perhaps Microsoft actually improved the security when they brought
out the update.

Check the scripting settings for the security zone that the HTML
email runs in.

(And I'll continue to filter HTML mail through lynx to get a
slightly more sensible text version)

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
"You cannot rewrite history, not one line."