[thelist] office xp and Javascript

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Nov 20 09:39:00 CST 2002

> I have a coldfusion page that  uses cfmail tag to sent mail.
> The mail is sent in HTML format and in the mail, i have
> attached an onload event which should fire when one reads a
> mail. The event fires when one is using office 2000 but
> doesn't fire with office xp.
>
> Could anyone have any idea why?

By default, XP turns off any kind of active scripting in the body, and kills
most attachments. You can't e-mail JavaScript to an Outlook XP user. The
only way around it is some pretty slick tap-dancing through the Exchange
server.

Wouldn't it work to create a page with the intended content, and just e-mail
a link?

joel