[thelist] Web Browser Popularity

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Wed Nov 20 10:56:01 CST 2002

hiya!

know thy audience! stats like those posted warm my heart, but my server log
this week tells me:

Top Browsers

  Browser                           Hits      % of Total
 1 Microsoft Internet Explorer     104,919      81.16%
 2 Netscape Compatible               5,806       4.49%
 3 Netscape Navigator                7,324       5.66%
 4 Others 				      11,217       8.67%
 5 WebTV                                 1          0%

my further stats tell me almost all of 2 & 3 is probably netscape 4. 10% of
my audience is most likely netscape 4; and even at a proven 5%, can i ignore
those 5,800 potential customers *each week*? not if i want to pay my
mortgage. . .<Grin>

have fun,